- Payment Options
- Comments (0)
- Suggestion Box
Power over Ethernet HAT for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, 802.3af power-sourcing equipment required
The Raspberry Pi Power over Ethernet HAT is a small accessory for the Raspberry Pi computer. It can only be used with the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (launched March 2018).
The PoE HAT allows you to power your Raspberry Pi using Power over Ethernet–enabled networks; for this product to be used, the network it is connected to needs to have power-sourcing equipment installed.
- 802.3af PoE
- Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
- 37–57V DC, Class 2 device
- 5V/2.5A DC output
- 25mm x 25mm brushless fan for processor cooling
- Fan control
How to Use:
- Raspberry Pi PoE HAT (this product)
- A Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (not included)
- An Ethernet cable (not included)
- Power-sourcing equipment for a 802.3af Power over Ethernet network (not included)
Connecting your PoE HAT to the Raspberry Pi
- Before installing the PoE HAT, you must attach the supplied spacers in the four corners of the board
- Then connect the Raspberry Pi PoE HAT to the two 0.1” headers (40 + 4) that are fitted on the Raspberry Pi
- Once the PoE HAT board is connected, you can power the Raspberry Pi through its RJ45 network connector
Disconnecting your PoE HAT
- Pull evenly so that it detaches from all the pins at the same rate; do not pull one end of the connector off before the other
- No modification to the main Raspberry Pi board is needed for this product to work. Please ensure that your Raspberry Pi’s software is up to date for all functionality to be available.
- The PoE HAT is fitted with a small fan that is controlled by the Raspberry Pi via I2C.
- The fan will turn on and off automatically depending on the temperature of the main processor on the Raspberry Pi.
- Shall only be powered using 802.3af-compliant power sourcing equipment; any external power supply used with the Raspberry Pi shall comply with relevant regulations and standards applicable in the country of intended use
- Should be operated in a well-ventilated environment, and should not be covered
- Should be placed on a stable, flat, non-conductive surface while in use, and should not be contacted by conductive items
- Do not block or obstruct the fan; Do not insert anything into the fan at any time
- Do not expose the product to water or moisture; Do not expose it to heat from any source; the product is designed for reliable operation at normal room temperatures
- Take care whilst handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the printed circuit board and connectors