The lastest model of Raspberry Pi that has 64-bit processor, internal WiFi and Bluetooth connection, now in Robotistan!
Raspberry Pi 3 released at Raspberry Pi's fourth birtday. Pi 3 is the most powerful model of them all. BCM2837 SoC (system-on-chip) which produced by Broadcom is on the board, Pi has 1.2 GHz 64-bit 4-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor. Accordingly, Raspberry Pi 3 offers approximately 10 times more processing power than the first model of Raspberry Pi.
The design of board is almost same as B+ and Pi 2 models design. GPIO pins, CSI (camera) and DSI (screen) connectors, 4x USB2.0 ports, 100 Mbit Ethernet port, HDMI and composite display outputs (on 3.5mm TRRS jack) and USB micro-B connector for power connections are in our usual place as B+/Pi 2. WiFi and Bluetooth ceramic antenna is located area where PWR and ACT LEDs located in previous models. These Leds are located on the otherside of DSI connector. Also the micro SD card slot is friction type as Raspberry Pi Zero model. Thus the micro SD card were prevented from leaving accidentally while Raspberry Pi is running.
- Broadcom BCM2837 SoC
- 1.2 GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor
- 2-core Videocore IV® Multimedia processor
- 1 GB LPDDR2 memory
- Internal 802.11b/g/n supported WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.1, low-energy supported
- 10/100 Mbit supported Ethernet port
- HDMI port (HDMI 1.4 supported)
- 3.5mm TRRS (4 ends) connector for compotise video and audio output fo
- 4x USB2.0 ports
- 40x GPIO pins, compatible with previous Raspberry Pi models
- Internal chip antenna for WiFi/Bluetooth
- CSI (camera) and DSI (screen) connectors
- Micro SD card slot
- It supports all Linux distributions which are compatible with Raspberry Pi and Windows 10 IoT Core operating system.
- Dimensions: 85 x 56 x 17 mm
Note: You can review Raspberry Pi 3 Combo Kit product that includes official adapter, SD card and enclosure box.