Complex prints made easy
Create intricate geometries and technical models by combining your build material with water-soluble PVA support material, then remove supports by simply resting the print in water.
Ultimaker 3D printers are the most reliable dual extrusion machines on the market.
Think big, print bigger
With its bigger build volume, the Ultimaker S5 is designed for a reliable 3D printing experience at scale. For large, technical prints, Tough PLA material offers toughness similar to ABS with the simplicity of PLA.
Ultimaker materials are extensively tested to give the best results on the Ultimaker S5. And Ultimaker Cura software comes with preconfigured profiles, so you don’t need to spend time on complex slicing settings.
3D print everything from quick prototypes to complex, technical parts with Ultimaker’s range of build and support materials. And with an open filament system, you can also choose a custom material solution.
Stay connected, stay productive
The Ultimaker app lets your monitor and control Ultimaker 3D printers from a mobile device and can even keep you updated with live notifications outside your local network.
Ultimaker S5 Key Features:
You can use Ultimaker 3D printers with, all different brands of 2.85mm or 3.00 mm diameter filaments. You can check out Ultimaker filaments and other products by clicking here.
- Enhanced reliability: Active bed leveling ensures a perfect first layer, a closed front controls airflow, and a filament flow sensor will pause your print and notify you if you run out of material. Trust the S5 to do its job while you do yours.
- Bigger build volume: A build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches) gives even more freedom to realize your designs or print multiple parts in one go, so you can meet demand with maximum efficiency, while fitting comfortably on your desk.
- Fast setup, high uptime: With Ultimaker’s unique print core design, swap nozzles in seconds to switch between build and support materials, or choose from 0.8, 0.4, or 0.25 mm print cores for fast or detailed prints.
- Easy touch control: A 4.7-inch (11.9 cm) touch display makes operating the 3D printer effortless, displaying visual guides to explain configuration changes and maintenance, plus a visual preview of your print.
- Designed to connect: The Ultimaker S5 auto-detects material and print core configuration, while over-the-air firmware upgrades make adding the latest features simple. Print over Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or from a USB stick, and monitor progress via the built-in camera.
Ultimaker S5 Package Contents:
Ultimaker S5 Technical Specs:Printer and printing properties:
- 750 g spool of Ultimaker Tough PLA
- 750 g spool of Ultimaker PVA
- Two swappable 0.4 AA print cores
- A swappable 0.4 BB print core
- Glass build plate
- Aluminum build plate (available fall 2018, will be shipped free to existing S5 owners)
- Ethernet cable
- USB stick, glue stick, hex screwdriver, oil, and grease
- A calibration card and XY calibration sheets
- Technology: Fused deposition modeling (FDM)
- Print head: Dual-extrusion print head with an auto-nozzle lifting system and swappable print cores
- Build volume: XYZ: 330 x 240 x 300 mm (left or right nozzle, or dual extrusion)
- Filament diameter: 2.85 mm
- Layer resolution: 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 - 60 micron, 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 - 20 micron, 0.8 mm nozzle: 600 - 20 micron
- XYZ accuracy: 6.9, 6.9, 2.5 micron
- Build speed: < 24 mm3/s
- Build plate: Heated glass build plate, Heated aluminum build plate
- Build plate temperature: 20 - 140 °C
- Build plate leveling: Active leveling
- Supported materials: Optimized for: PLA, Tough PLA, Nylon, ABS, CPE, CPE+, PC, TPU 95A, PP, PVA, Breakaway. Also supports third-party materials
- Nozzle diameter: 0.25 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.8 mm
- Nozzle temperature: 180 - 280 °C
- Nozzle heat up time: < 2 min
- Build plate heat up time: < 4 min (from 20 to 60 °C)
- Operating sound: 50 dBA
- Power rating: 500 W
- Material recognition: Auto-recognition with NFC scanner
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, LAN, USB port
- Display: 4.7-inch (11.9 cm) color touchscreen
- Language support: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese
- Monitoring: Live camera (view from desktop or app)
- Dimensions: 495 x 457 x 520 mm (495 x 585 x 780 mm with bowden tubes
and spool holder)
- Net weight: 20.6 kg
Documents and Useful Links:
- Supplied software: Ultimaker Cura, our free print preparation software, Cura Connect, the free printer management solution
- Supported OS: MacOS, Windows and Linux
- Plugin integration: SolidWorks, Siemens NX
- File types: Ultimaker Cura: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG
- Printable formats: G, GCODE, GCODE.gz, UPF