Bluetooth modules developed by Bluegiga, use IEEE 802.15.1 protocol to communicate. These modules are high precisioned and they can be used in electronic, robotic or R&D projects.
WT32-A is specialized to use in audio transferring related products. For detailed information, you can see the documents section below.
This module operates in 2.4 GHz frequency, which is the ISM frequency, and it has approximately 5mW output power. Thus it has 20-40 meters communication range. It is a pretty good range for audio transferring. The board has a chip antenna on it. If you wish you can connect a W.FL antenna externally as well.
Thanks to Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology, you can connect the units more easily and the modules can reach 2.1 Mbps communication rate.
The module's pins are smd.
- Protocol: 802.15.1
- Operating Voltage: 1.7 - 3.6V
- Operating Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Output Power: 5mW (7 dBm)
- Communication Range: 20-40 meters
- Communication Interface: UART
- Antenna Type: On-Board Chip Antenna
- iWRAP and Audip Specific Support
- Dimensions: 23.9x15.9x2.5mm